04/03/2014

Khurasan Police 'Bots

Further to a request from Allison over at the 'Painting Agency' blog (full of wonderful eye candy goodness) concerning mechanoids and their colour scheme and associated suggestions, I recalled that I had not posted any pictures of my efforts with Khurasan's Police 'Bots, so to illustrate the simple scheme I put forward to Allison, here are a couple of pictures. (Please note that these minis have been gloss varnished, but not yet had a coat of Testors matt).






This is, as I say, a very simple paint job (I hear you all agree!). Steel base, black wash, drybrush steel again, and detail of armour plates picked out in white. With an adjustment of the armour plate colours, this scheme could be fairly universal for robot warriors in many guises I think.

Before I wrap up, here is a picture of my Old Crow Gecko raiders with new paint job.

Just got to repaint the gunners and find an extra gunner and weapon for the one on the left. I've got an interesting rail gun from Oddzial Osmy somewhere......mmm....




12 comments:

  1. Nice looking bots and vehicles, Gunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great robots mate they will certainly be useful for multiple roles. The buggy repaints are looking excellent. Look forward to seeing them with crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! The crews have now been painted, but I didn't strip them and merely painted over the top, so the detail isn't too clever. Gloss varnish tonight, and maybe a dig in the lead pile for another gunner and gun for the third Gecko!

      Delete
  3. Great work. I especially like the police bots - very neat paint job, they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks PC! No hard work involved I assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry Jay- didn't intend to bore you. It seems that I always seem to annoy you when I comment or reply and I never mean to. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too old to be bored. Gunny. I think I was napping at the PC console when you called me young man, and I suddenly woke up abruptly and a bit startled.

      Delete
    2. Okay, that's all right then. I expect you are a similar vintage to myself! I was concerned that I was coming over too 'smart-arsed' with the punnery.

      Delete
  6. Aha! This does look good. I'm going with more white and less black/metal, but the same idea. Mekanoids are a bit more menacing with the chainsaw arm and all, but these bots could be found manhandling rioters or lifting kitties out of a tree, depending on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lifting kittens out of a tree with a chainsaw sounds like a good trick to me if you can manage it! However, I hope the painted 'Bots post gave you an idea of my take on that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete