23/02/2014

Sahadeen and Gota Clan

I managed to paint 16 minis last week, and now 17 this week. I haven't been this productive in ages!

Firstly I painted 9 figures from Rebel Minis Sahadeen range. I have always liked the look of these minis, so finally ordered some. I'm sorry to say that I was quite disappointed with them- not the style or sculpt of them, but sadly the standard of the castings was really poor in many cases. I'm sure a more competent modeller than myself could have made a bit more of them, but I just cleaned up the worst and carried on regardless. Having said all that (sorry Rebel Mike, I don't mean to be harsh) I actually like the style of the Sahadeen, with the breathing masks, goggles and 'cowl' type head gear.
I took a couple of pictures, but nothing too exciting.






Having finished these, I moved on to some minis from Khurasan which I ordered a little while ago, namely the 'Gota' Clan. I am so pleased with these that I have already sent for some more with my recently placed order, along with a rather smart mini on a jet 'board' from the new Andromeda range, amongst others.

Anyhow, in keeping with the theme of my previous post outlining figures to be used in a city setting, I painted these figures in an urban style camo. As I have stated in a previous post somewhere, I'm not entirely convinced that I can pull off a successful camo paint job at this scale, but I wanted to have a go. Helpful comments welcome, by the way.








I have to say, these are really lovely sculpts and castings, hence a second order!

I realise that as this blog isn't sufficiently interesting for many people to comment on, and I quite understand, I don't really have anything significant to say, or different to show. Therefore, I have one or two ideas to do something a bit different with it, more in the line of a continuing story, involving one city and surrounding area, and the 'chronicles' (that should figure in the title perhaps) of that paricular sector. There are things flying around in my simple mind that need consolidating, but I think I will give it a try. I think the posts by Jay of  'Jay's Miniature Enterprise' blog may be something to do with it. I don't mean to copy his blog style- who could?- but to try and create a more intimate and local background rather than a planet-wide theatre of operations, and follow the stories and characters that are involved.

We'll see what happens!

12 comments:

  1. Really nice painting! Lovely urban style! Bang on...

    Shame about the minis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, apologies Keith, but I do occasionally stray towards other companies figures! Thanks for the kind words though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on both ranges mate. The GOTA look awesome in there camo. I so am going to get some of those especially now they've been expanded a little.

    Do whatever you feel is best. I think tales around a certain city will make it easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Simon- your input is always valuable. I thought of writing up AARs as story lines, rather than mention things like 'failed initiative throw' etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would like to give it a more narrative feel, illustrated by pictures of the models and action. I could just intersperse these posts with updates on the situation without an AAR, but perhaps leading on to the next game.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Many thanks Thorlongus- greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  5. Quite decent cammo for 15mm, not to say urban cammo usually means ugly results (compared w/ other patterns).

    Please bear in mine that, while there's people Reading your posts and enjoying your pics, not everyone performs well enough while writting in English as it's not everyone's language -my pc tires to correct every darn word I type in English wich is quite annoying BTW- :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right Javi, I do tend to forget that english isn't everybody's first language! So, I apologise if my post sounded whining- I wasn't complaining, just wondering how I could be more inventive! Many thanks for your explanation, and best wishes.

      Delete
  6. Congrats GR, you have beaten me at GOTA. Yours look WAY better than mine.. I tried to do a US Desert storm look.
    Sorry I don't comment more often, I don't have 'net access at home right now, so my online time id quite sporadic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Spacejacker! It's okay- see my reply to Javi above- I realise you have limited access to the internet currently, more's the pity, as I always look forward to your posts. No need for apologies from anyone, as my post was one of self-criticism rather than anything else. I'm sure your GOTA figures are great by the way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Gunny. Good day to your, Sir. Nice work on both sets of figures. The camo pattern and color is cool. And go for the "micro" gaming and battle story telling facet of our hobby. You can do it!! Enjoy, my bruther!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you kindly young sir! I think this is probably the way for me to go if I can stir up the old grey matter and find enough time. I love the way you orchestrate your blog, and while I might find inspiration in it, I don't want to be a plagiarist so if I manage to attempt what is in my befuddled mind, it will be a somewhat different animal but with that, as you succinctly describe it, 'micro gaming' aspect. Thanks Jay!

    ReplyDelete