10/03/2012

Armies Army Minis

Having discovered that Spacejacker beat me to the drop on posting pictures for these minis (grrr), coupled with the fact that they are much better than mine (grrr), I thought I would post them anyway! I wasn't sure about the colour scheme originally, but they seem to hang together okay. The fatigues are GW Fenris Grey, highlighted with base+white, armour is GW Codex Grey, highlighted with Fortress Grey, Pouches,webbing and harness are GW Khemri Brown/Devlan Mud wash/highlights, boots GW Scorched Brown.









These minis will be part of a Rebel uprising Force in a setting that I will post a little later when I've ironed out a few things. We will be using various rulesets for this, including Tomorrow's War, 5150 Star Army, Fubar, and maybe even Laserburn for some of those 'intimate' little skirmishes! It will give us an opportunity to try them all.

I hope to post some more pictures tomorrow of my ongoing terrain project. I just need to arrange them into something cohesive and take the photos.

14 comments:

  1. Really nice mate

    brings the figures to life. Its highly likely I will steal both yours and spacejackers color schemes in the near future. Bizarrely, I don't actually have that many figures of my own yet, every time they are casted they are out the door, so Im still only on the desert schemes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. I meant to say on the post what a pleasure they were to paint-nice crisp detail and anatomy etc (which I did in a previous draft, deleted because I couldn't upload the pictures properly!) but I'll do that next time I post the rest of the squad. Keep sculpting matey, I'm looking forward to the next batch!

      Delete
  2. These look very nice indeed, and the detail came out bolder on yours due to more colors.. I was a bit sneaky and stuck to 2, which is kind of cheating ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you Spacejacker, that is a real compliment, thank you. I really enjoyed painting these minis, and look forward to more of yours on blog.

      Delete
  3. I like the color scheme! Originally I thought those figures were going to end up being too "near future" for my tastes, but these could be rebels on any distant colony world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Chris. I think these minis could potentially fit in almost anywhere in a SciFi setting, they're pretty versatile. Good to paint, too, highly recommended!

      Delete
  4. They really are very nicely done. Kudos! I also plan on using these figures as a rebel force. Dsigruntled asteroid miners, in my case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. These minis really are quite versatile in my opinion, but as you say, ideal for disgruntled types! Hope to see yours painted v soon!

      Delete
  5. They've painted up quite well. I wasn't sure when I saw the greens, but seeing them painted shows them up a lot better, and you've done a pretty nice job, liking the colour choice on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I had the idea of rebels dressed in'boiler' suits with the light harness and body armour thrown on top! A cheap and cheerful way of dressing in a 'uniform' way if you'll pardon the pun!

      Delete
  6. Yeah, you really did these justice. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edzard. They came out okay in the end! Very nice minis to paint-highly recommended!

      Delete
  7. They look cracking aaahhh 15mm eyes painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Brummie! Just a tiny dab of paint! I wouldn't even dare attempt to paint in proper eyes! Thanks for looking!

      Delete